At Kauffman Associates, Inc. (herein "KAI") we recognize that privacy is important. This policy applies to all of the websites offered by KAI or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies (collectively, KAI's "sites"). Where more information is required, we post separate privacy notices to describe how particular sites process personal information.
What we collect and how we use it:
We operate a number of sites, some of which require you to register for an account or provide personal information to us. Regardless of whether we ask for personal information, we may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide - When you sign up for a KAI site that requires registration, we will ask you for personal information, such as your name, email address and an account password. We may combine this with information from other KAI sites or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our sites.
- Login information - When you use KAI's sites, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, and the date and time of your request.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to KAI, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, improve our sites and fulfill certain legal requirements.
- Affiliated sites - We offer some of our sites in connection with other websites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to KAI. We process such information in accordance with this policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links - KAI may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our sites and to provide our users with a better experience.
- Providing our sites to users, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our sites;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new sites.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular site that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this policy and/or in the specific site notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this policy and/or in the specific site notices, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our sites, in which case KAI may not be able to provide those sites to you.
KAI only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of KAI in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Site, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of KAI, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who accessed a particular site, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular link. Such information does not identify you individually.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to KAI employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our sites. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
KAI processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this policy or any applicable site-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our sites. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use KAI's sites, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this action free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Some of our sites have different procedures to access, correct or delete users' personal information.
Changes to this policy